Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Knotting and Re-knotting

I got two handles, a brush, and three knots in the mail today. I am doing a little job for a fellow shaver. It started out as a re-knot for JR#41, but he asked if I would set the knots in two other handles he had. Of course, I said yes. The first two pictures show the two handles with their respective knots "dry fitted."



Here are the three brush handles with their respective knots. I had to remove the old badger knot from #41. I replaced it with a Maggard two-band badger.


Here they are awaiting their final setting. I am using hot glue to set the knots. 


Here they are all done. I will send them back to Perry tomorrow.

Maggard two-band fan

Maggard black and white synthetic
Jayaruh #41 with new Maggard two-band badger.




No comments:

Post a Comment