Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Box 22

This is a box for a Gem 1912 and a Gold Dollar straight. I got a lot done today, but I still have a ways to go. The first picture is the box after I glued and clamped it. I layed out the razors on the top in their approximate positions.


The next picture is of the insert. I have started to carve out places for the 1912. I am going to hold off on the straight because this is not the straight that will be in the box. I have to get a tracing or a good picture of it with measurements.


In the next picture, I have put in corner bracing all around. This is before I cut the top and bottom apart.


In the last picture, I have cut the box apart. The insert is in the box with the razors in place. I still have to make a place for the straight. I will update this page with progress. I am not in a hurry though.


Update: March 28, 2019

The first four pictures are after I added the hardware.





Then I worked on routing out a place for the straight.


Next, I added some purple felt I had left over to the lid.

It is now ready to be finished.

Later in the evening.

I removed the hardware, did a final sanding, and finished the box with polycrylic. I put the felt back in the lid and below the raors and handle.







Update: March 29, 2019

I added felt feet to the bottom of the box. I also lined the top and the recesses with a blue velvet material.






Update: March 31, 2019

This is one of my nickel Gem 1912s.





No comments:

Post a Comment