Sunday, February 17, 2019

New Cap for OC Dammy

In May of 2018, I got a pair of Damaskeene razors in a lot of razors. One was a pretty ratty 1912, and the other was just the open comb base plate. I immediately  switched out the base plates so I would have a working OC Dammy. The first picture shows the Dammies after the switch.



Here is the new configuration. The cap is in pretty bad shape. One side is experiencing plate separation.


I next took my Dremmel to the cap and removed loose plating. I then polished it as best as I could. I shaved with the new OC Dammy configuration and got great shaves.


I recently got a Damaskeene for a really good price and decided that I would take the cap from it and put it on my OC Dammy. It is a beveled cap. For some reason, it does not sit exactly parallel with the blade, but I don't see it making a big difference in the shave.


I will be using this razor for my shaves this next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment