Friday, November 20, 2015

Two Silvertips Received and Set

Finished produce: JR11 and JR30RS

Knots arrive from Virginia Sheng, China.
After the knots arrived I got to work and widened the holes to about 26mm and deepened the holes to about 14mm. The next four pictures are the JR11 and JR30RS after their dry fitting.




JR11 and JR30RS dry fit.
I used a clear silicone to set the knots. After setting the knots, they will cure for 24 hours before I perform their first test lather.

 



Knots set and curing.
These are the silicones that I have used for my knots. The one on the left is white and the right one is clear. I used the clear one on these knots .

5 comments:

  1. Is that just regular silicone for eg. a bathroom fixture etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I edited the post and put a picture in of the silicone I have used in the past and the one I used for these two brushes.

      Delete
    2. Very nice! I like the concept much more than Epoxy.

      I haven't drilled out the old handle for the WD Synt., but given the amount of epoxy I glued the old knot with, I know I'm in for some work.

      Delete
    3. I am looking forward to seeing the results. That WD synthetic is a very nice knot.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete