Saturday, September 19, 2015

Schick J PIF


This is my Schick J-2 that I got in a lot of razors on eBay back in September 2015. Its run was from 1958 to 1964. It was not getting as much love as it deserved (only 16 shaves since I got it). I did use it this year for a week during SEptember where the focus was on single edge razors. My friend, Don, on TSD had not tried an injector yet, so I offered to send him this one. He was excited to give it a try. 

The metal part is in mint condition, but the handle has a few dings on it. They do not affect function. I cleaned it up and put a new blade in it, and Thursday, I finally got it sent out to him. I hope he enjoys it. It is a great little shaver. The long handle offers a new dimension of control.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jim,
    It is a beautiful razor despite the minor blemishes on the handle. The first shave was so mild that, other than the audible, it seemed I was only removing lather. A good shaver.
    Don

    ReplyDelete