Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pure Badger Test Lather

Today, I made the first lather with these three brushes that were just finished yesterday. I had siliconed the knots in and let them set for about a day and a half before the lathering. In order from left to right are the Jayaruh #16, Jayaruh #17b, and Jayaruh 19. The knot is a 21x70mm pure badger. I used Razorock P.160 for the first lathering. I will use each of these brushes next week starting Monday. I will alternate and end up using each twice. 


Each handle has a unique shape, and each shape has a nice feel. There is nothing odd or weird about the feeling. Jayaruh #16 has an irregular shape, but it just fits in the hand like it was made to. It is a short handle, and I know it will make a great face lathering brush. The #17b has the Omega 98 handle mated with the wild cherry top. It has a great feel. The #19 also feels great. It is koa wood and has more heft than the others.

Jayaruh #16

Jayaruh #17b, Omega hybrid

Jayaruh #19
 The last picture is post lathering and the hairs are just towel dried. I will post a picture tomorrow after they dry so we can compare the bloom.
After the latherings, rinsed, wet hair.
Post bloom, dry hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment