Thursday, September 24, 2015

New Handle for the E3

I got this Schick E3 in December of 2012. It came with a faux horn handle that disintegrated while I was cleaning it. I initially made a long handle for it and then later shortened it. See post here.


Original replacement long handle


Today, I took a piece of bird's eye maple and made a new handle for the Schick. It has more of the shape of the original bakelite handle. I first started by drilling the hole to receive the razor. It had to be parallel with top of the wood piece. I drew guidelines and then reduced the piece to the lines. After some sanding I was ready to finish it off. I left the color natural and finished it with a clear satin polyurethane finish.

The finished handle.


The following shots feature the original handle and the left over piece. You can see the experimental hole I made in one end. I used a 5/32 drill to make the hole.
Experimental hole.

Glamour shot one.

Glamour shot two.





No comments:

Post a Comment