Friday, December 26, 2014

Home-made Scuttle

Every time I go into the Goodwill Store, I browse the cup/bowl isle. Today, I found a nice big Niagara Falls cup and a stainless steel pet bowl that fit perfectly. I got both for $1.25.  After the adoption was completed, I took them home and cleaned them up.


I filled the cup with water and pushed the bowl in until it forced all the water out that it could. It then made a nice seal. I removed the bowl and put it in the microwave for one minute. That was not enough, so, I did one more minute. That did it. I put the bowl back in and filled it with some hot water from the faucet.


I soaked my Semogue 1305 brush in the water. 


I shook off the water and did four swirls in my Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream and made some nice warm lather. This was just a test run. I will be doing the real thing for tomorrow's shave. Although I normally do a cold water shave, I will be doing this hot water/lather shave for the first time. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment