Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Cadet TP-30 Pass Around


I was surprised today to find a new razor in my mail box. I had no idea who or where it came from, but as it turns out it was a pass around from a member of The Blade and Badger forum. There was no return address, and there was nothing but the razor in the box.

This is a very nice open comb, three piece razor by Cadet Shaving with black enamel handle and carved in-lay design which reveals the solid brass construction of the handle.  It is beautiful to look at, and it his heavy in the hand (3 oz.). 

I will use it for tomorrow's shave and maybe for the next week or so. 


April 6, 2014
Initial impressions:
It is a beautiful razor. The plating job is excellent. I can see no flaws. The screw post is very long. I could lose half of it and that would be fine. It is heavy in the hand and has a nice balance. The razor shaves rather aggressively. I would say it is like my Slim set on 9. I got a very close shave, but I had to be very careful with the touch and the angle. I got no cuts, nicks, or abrasions, and that was a good thing. I will continue to use this razor for at least the next week.

April 7, 2014
Today's shave was another nice shave. The blade "sings." I was careful today, but not as cautious as yesterday. Still, I had no nicks, cuts, or abrasions. Two passes almost did the job. I had a couple of spots on my neck that needed touch ups. The only thing I am changing this week will be the after shave. I want to see how this razor performs with all other things being equal.

April 8, 2014
Today's shave was another fine shave. The TABAC shaving soap face lathered easily with the Frank Shaving finest badger brush. I made two passes and some touch ups on my neck with the Cadet TP-30 and Astra Superior Platinum blade. It was near BBS. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Dickinson's WH and Family Dollar Old Spice after shave.

April 9, 2014
Another good shave today. The TABAC shaving soap is so easy to face lather with my Frank Shaving finest badger brush. Two passes with the Cadet TP-30 and an Astra Superior Platinum blade left me with a near BBS shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off this fine shave with Dickinson's WH and Pinaud Clubman after shave.

April 10, 2014
The Tabac shaving soap continues to grow on me. It face lathers so easily with my Frank Shaving finest badger brush. The Cadet TP-30 is a keeper. This was my fifth shave with this razor. It is aggressive, but I have not had any problems with it yet. Loaded with the Astra Superior Platinum blade, the razor made two passes and touch ups on the neck to provide a near BBS. No nicks, cuts, or abrasions is always a plus. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Dickinson's WH and Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed.

April 11, 2014
The Tabac shaving soap face lathered easily with the Frank Shaving finest badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Cadet TP-30 and an Astra Superior Platinum blade left me near BBS. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Dickinson's WH and Family Dollar Old Spice after shave. I am clean, smooth and refreshed...



No comments:

Post a Comment