Monday, October 19, 2020

Banana Wabbit #2

I wasn't completely satisfied with the first printing of the Banana Wabbit. My printer offered to try different orientations to better the results. This is the third attempt, and it looks pretty good. The first picture shows that it is going to need some filing to make the top fit correctly.



After doing some filing, the top is going down into the holes a bit, but it is still very tight.


A bit more filing, and I am making some progress, but I need to do some more.


After working on the holes and the pins a bit more, I am able to get it to seat very nicely.


Then I glued the magnets in the top and base.


Next, I checked on the blade fit, and it fits perfectly.


Here is the almost finished razor. I have a few spots I want to file down, but it looks like it is a winner. The Wabbit name came out nicely on the handle. Can't wait for November. Wabbit season.



Edit: I used this razor today to do the right side of my face, and I was very pleased with the way it shaves. It was very close and smooth. I could have gotten by without a second pass, but I did one by habit.

Here are pictures after I did final clean up, filing, and sanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment