Friday, September 25, 2020

Jayaruh #416

Friday, September 25

I am making this brush for a friend on TSD who wants to give it to another friend. It will be a Celtic Knot brush with a Poppy flower in the base to commemorate the fallen. I had ordered the wood, and it got lost in the system, so I reordered and it arrived today. Here I show the first two cut and glue steps. I will do the last two tomorrow and wait until Monday to turn the handle.

For the base.

I cut the Bolivian Rosewood to length.

The first diagonal cut.

Glued and clamped

Second cut.

Glued and clamped.

The handle will dry overnight, and I will finish the last cut and glue steps Saturday.

Saturday, September 26

I made the next two cut and pastes today. Unfortunately, I neglected to take a picture of the #3 glue up.

This is the third cut. I forgot to take the picture
of the third glue up.

Fourth and final cut.

Fourth glue up.

Monday, September 28

I have the blank chucked up and ready to turn.



Initial turning to get the shape.



I drilled out the hole for the knot.


Dry fitting of the silvertip badger knot.


Here I start on making a place for the poppy pin.


The handle is finished with the poppy epoxied in the handle. Here I have applied the first coat of polycrylic.


Later on that day. The knot is dry fitted. It will soon be permanently set in the handle, but here is what it looks like at this point.


Later still...





No comments:

Post a Comment