Wednesday, September 23, 2020

dubl duck #4 Reknot

This dubl duck #4 brush is coming to me for a reknot. Today, I received the donor brush, Omega 10049. I have harvested the knot and prepped for the reknot.




The donor brush arrived today: Omega 10049.


I am getting good at removing the knot by hand.


I sawed down opposite sides of the ferrule to loosen it from the knot.



I pried the  ferrule apart to remove it from the plug.



Next, I covered the hairs to protect them and then used my dremmel to prep the plug.


Here is the knot ready for its new home.


Update: September 30, 2020

The brush arrived today along with two soaps. Cool.


Getting ready for a hair cut.

All the hairs gone.


I worked hard to make a hole for the knot. Here is the Omega 48 dry fitted.


The ferrule separated from the handle during the process, but I ultimately superglued it back.

Here is the prepared hole.

I polished the handle and painted the letters.

Other side.

I set the knot with hot glue.









No comments:

Post a Comment