Monday, July 15, 2019

Enders Speed Razor Blade Carrier: New Idea

I made a new carrier for my Enders Speed Razor today, and I got to thinking of a new idea. The Enders blade is almost twice as wide as an injector blade.

In the picture below the new carrier is on the left. I took off half the bevel and created "bumps" to locate the blade in the correct position. That is when it occurred to me that if I "super glued" a blade to the back side to act as a stop for the injector, I may not need "bumps." To the right is an injector blade on top and an injector blade on bottom that I modified. I completely removed the bevel from the bottom blade.


In the next picture, I have located the backer injector and notice that it is a wee bit long. I want it to be flush with the Enders blade.


Next, after taking off just a wee bit more, I ready it for gluing with super glue. As I type this sentence, the blade is glued and clamped. I will be trying it out shortly. This configuration will hold the injector blade in place. It will load with the injector blade and backer blade on top.


I finished it. Looks like it is a success.




3 comments:

  1. https://refineriadecaballeros.wordpress.com/2019/07/07/26039/

    Is the best solution , I think !

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://refineriadecaballeros.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/enders-hoja-mono-filo-alternativa-1.jpg

    ReplyDelete