Friday, April 12, 2019

Jayaruh #360 Begins

I ordered four different woods for brushes. I usually get 1.5x1.5 x12. I made a mistake ordering this stick of osage orange. I ordered 1x1x12. Well, it would normally be too small to make a brush handle with, but I got creative. I decided to make a small travel brush with it. I have a 20mm Tuxedo type synthetic knot coming for this brush. It should be here by Monday.

I am making it the size of this made in England boar brush from my 1930s travel kit.


1x1x12 osage orange

This is a shape I have used on several brushes. It is done without a lathe.


The knots arrived. While I was waiting, I made one more handle. These pictures are the knots dry fitted before finishing the handles.




I finished up the brushes.





All done and ready to go out into the world and travel.

Update: April 29, 2019

Had my first shave with the #360 travel brush. It did a fine job lathering the Eskimo Tuxedo.

No comments:

Post a Comment