Wednesday, May 9, 2018

JR 288-291 Begun

I started working on these brushes today. The first two are spalted something and the second two are oak. I did the first two together, and I made a mistake in the measurements so they are shorter than I had intended. The last two are what I was aiming for. I was too close to the work to see my mistake. Oh well. They will still be serviceable brushes. I used the four synthetic knots I have for these pictures. Next, I will be sealing and clear coating with polycrylic. Then, I will brand them and set the knots.






Update: May 10

I have two coats of polycrylic on the handles. I marked them with their numbers, but I have not engraved and painted the numbers yet. I will do that later today. So, in the mean time, I took these pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment