Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Gillette Milord

I landed this Gillette Milord. It is from 1946 and is user grade. It will serve as my place saver until I can get a more minty one. I gave it a good cleaning. It has significant plate loss, but that does not affect the shave. It will go into this weeks rotation on Thursday.

The pack came from California and took seven full days. Then when it got here in Hendersonville, it did not get delivered. I called the PO, and they checked into it. Two minutes later, the clerk said, "I have it here in my hand." I suggested that I could come pick it up, which is what I did.


Here it is right out of the package. It was not very dirty, but it did beg for a nice cleaning.



I took my electric toothbrush and some toothpaste to it, and this is what I got. It is now very clean, but you can see that there is much plate loss. That is no biggy to me right now for I am more interested in how it shaves.





2 comments:

  1. Hey Jim! Beautiful shaver you have, I kinda like the plate loss, gives the razor personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. It is up for our first shave tomorrow. It promises to be a good one.

      Delete