Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ship Grand Turk: Old Spice Mug


Today, I received this very nice Old Spice Shaving Mug from a gentleman in Michigan. I commented on one of his posts on The Shave Den forum. I said how that I have not been able to find any of these in the antique malls in our area. He said if I would send him my address he would send me one of his. It turns out he had 16 in his collection. After he sent this one to me, he found another that he had forgotten that he had. So, he still has 16.


This mug was sold from 1964 until 1978. The ship name appears opposite the handle, with Ship Grand Turk on each side. Bottom is marked Old Spice and Shulton with a number that is the mold mark used by Wheaton Glass in the mug manufacturing. Dimensions 2.25" high x 4.75" rim to handle. This mug introduced the reduced shaving soap cake of 3.75 ounces.

The first resident of this mug is VDH Deluxe. Here is a picture of the first planned shave with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment