Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Won A Schick Lot on the Bay

I am really happy and surprised to win this lot of Schick stuff. I have bid several times trying to get the L model. That is the razor I started shaving with back in the mid 60s. It is unused. That is amazing. The J is a really cool injector, and I love the adjustable M. This M looks well used. It may clean up or not. I have one of those already, so that is no loss. It will make a great PIF. I really have no use for the Tracer Handle. If all I got was the J, L, and M razors, this was still a great deal.

From left to right: J-2, Tracer FX cartridge handle, M-2 adjustable, L-1.

EBay description: Vintage SCHICK Razors-one Adjustable by Schick M-32.  Two injector: one new unused and one with numbers M-42.  One cartridge type with black plastic handle-Schick Tracer FX. Includes the blades shown-the injector looks empty ??  the other schick pkg looks to have two blades in it. 



I am delighted to be getting these three razors. I have been seeking the L model for a while, but I have not been successful. I have always been outbid. When this group came up, I set a price and stuck to it. I got three great razors for a reasonable price.

Schick J-2,  c. 1958-64
Schick L-1, c. 1965-80
Schick M-2, c. 1965-72
The J and L appear to have never been used.
The M appears to have been well used.
Arrived, Saturday, September 20, two days early.
Right out of the box, before cleaning.
J-2 after cleaning. Gently used. Had a blade in it.

L-1 after cleaning. Unused. Still had fake blade in it.

M-2 after cleaning. Well used. Had a blade in it.
Cleaned up pretty good. The handle is a dark gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment