Tuesday, July 9, 2013

EBay Score - Schick, Gem Clog-Pruf

 




I scored these two razors on eBay. I was after the Schick type I-1. It was produced from 1955-1958. It was the biggest change in the style of the razor in 20 years. This one was offered along with a Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf razor. It is known to be the "Goldilocks" model in the Micromatic line, in between the aggressive Open Comb, and the light Flying Wing (bullet tip).

The Schick had a blade in it that was stuck. I got it out and cleaned it up. The Clog-Pruf had a lot of petina. On the left side of the head was a really badly "corroded" spot. I was able the buff that out and it cleaned up very nicely. This turned out to be a great score for me. I was after the Schick and got the Clog-Pruf as a bonus.

Tonight's shave will be with the Schick. Tomorrow, I will try out the Clog-Pruf.

Update in the Schick:  I paired the Schick with a genuine Schick stainless steel blade, and the shave was magical. The words, smooth and flawless, also come to mind. This is a very forgiving and friendly razor: mild but effective. This one will definitely enter my rotation.

Here are some pictures after the clean-up.







No comments:

Post a Comment