Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Van Der Hagen's Luxury Shave Soap, Day 5



Today I end up the New Shaving Bowl experiment with Van Der Hagen's Luxury Shaving Soap. I keep the soap in my Van Der Hagen apothecary mug. I loaded the brush for about 30 seconds and then made my lather in the green glass bowl. In about a minute I had this awesome lather. I did two passes and some touch up for a great shave.

I am continuing to use my Gem Jr. 1912 with Gem/Personna SS PTFE blade
Parker black badger brush
I finished off with a cold water rinse
Today, after the rinse I lathered up again while I cleaned up
Dickinson's WH
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

It has been a fun trip through my five different soaps. Tomorrow, I will be using a different razor and starting the tour over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment