Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ever-Ready Razor

Original post, Friday, September 28, 2012


 I received my vintage Ever-Ready safety razor today. The box is pretty worn and the razor shows that it has been used. However, the razor looks like it is in pretty good shape for its age. I plan to give it a spin today. This will be my first experience with this type of razor. I have read that the technique for this razor is different from others.  For one, the head is placed almost flat on the face. Some suggest about a 10 degree angle for the best shave. BOTOCs (Brotherhood Of The Open Comb) and LOSERs (Lover Of Single Edge Razors) swear by these razors. I am excited to try it. I am a loser already because of my Schick injector razor. That is one great razor.


OK, the verdict is in. This is one terrific little razor. I was cautious because I had read of shavers who ended up letting blood, but I kept the head down, around 10 degrees, and had no blood loss. I got a great shave and put this little guy in my rotation. I am looking forward to more shaves with my new SE Ever-Ready. I guess I am now a LOSER and BOTOC.


No comments:

Post a Comment