Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Mohs Surgery Today

Today, I had my final Mohs surgery for now. It was a spot on my left arm that had been biopsied and found to be basal cell carcinoma. He was able to get it all on the first excision. He cut it out and sent me to wait about an hour while they did the frozen section. It came back clear, so I was taken to the stich 'em up room. I did not have my phone for the cutting out phase. Pictures are for when I went to the stich 'em up room.
Set up for the doctor and waiting.
My cheer leader.

I only got one shot of the open wound. Unfortunately it is not focused very well.
The open wound.

This is the wound all stiched up. It is feeling tight right now, but it will eventually stretch out. It also feels a bit itchy but without pain.

Update: 29 Feb 2024

It has been two days since the surgery, so I am changing the dressing for the first time.

This is before removing the bandages.

Bandage removed and before cleaning.

After cleaning with soap and water and drying off.

I gobbed it up with petroleum jelly and put a fresh dressing on it. I will repeat tonight when I get my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment