Monday, July 24, 2023

EBay Buy: Henckels Lot

Sunday: July 16, 2023

I shaved with my Henckels Rapide today. It is one of my favorite razors. Mickey saw my shave and wanted to buy my Henckels. I told him he didn't have enough money. Anyhow, I went to EBay to see what was out there. I found this lot, and I decided to buy it.  I will decide what to keep and what to sell once it arrives. I will keep the Allegra Blade Sharpener and two or three of the blades. I may keep the velvet lined case with the soap tubes and one of the razors. I will give Mikey first chance on one of the razors with a blade or two and stropping handle. 

Everything below this line came from the EBay listing. 

Tan Box (velvet lined leather)

3 handles
3 blades
3 empty blade covers
2 shaving soap tubes (1 has soap)


Blue Box (cardboard)
1 handle
2 blades
Sharpener
Directions and sales pamphlet


Update: Monday July 24

These pictures were taken before cleaning. The one in the box is the better of the two as far as the finish is concerned. It takes a wedge blade nicely.




The next pictures are of the Rapide. The finish is well worn. This razor must have been a shaver for many years.  We will see how it cleans up. It came with the Allegra Blade Sharpener. It too has been used a lot. I'll get pictures of it later.







Tuesday, July 25

Here I loaded a SE blade with the Wedge Simulator.

Here is one of the wedge blades .


Here is the Rapide in its new case.


Rapide with two blades

This is the other Henckels in its original case with two soap containers, stropping handle, and extra blades.



No comments:

Post a Comment