Saturday, April 29, 2023

Box #77 for M. Hunter & Son 5/8 Straight

 I finished pinning my M. Hunter & Son razor and gave it a good stropping. I used it this morning on my left side, and it did a good job. So, I decided it needed a nice home to live in. I looked through my scrap wood and pulled out some pieces to make this box. I actually had a limb of cedar that I cut  about 3/8 thick planks. From these, I fashioned the sides. I used 1/4 inch plywood for the top and bottom. The insert for the razor was made from a 3/4 inch pine blank.

I put a coat of Polycrylic on and installed hinges and a latch. Then I lined the inside with red felt. Finally, I drew a Horn Bugle on the top. That is one of their trade marks. I burned it into the lid. Here is what I got. 


Horn Bugle Logo



No comments:

Post a Comment