Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Jayaruh #438

 I glued up three handle blanks using cabinet grade plywood. I finished #437 last week and set it with a silvertip badger from Whipped Dog. The other two were finished with polycrylic and set aside. Today, I took one and reworked it a bit making its waist skinnier. I took an Omega brush and harvested its knot to go in this new handle. Omega Model 20102 Wood Handle Boar Bristle Shaving Brush, 28mm.

The first picture is the same handle from different angles to show the bias of the plywood. It is before I modified it. 


The next picture is of #438 after applying first coat of the polycrylic.  Note the skinnier waiste.


The next picture shows the handle after the second coat of polycrylic. Also, it shows the harvested knot:


Getting ready to hot glue the knot.

The knot is set with hot glue.









No comments:

Post a Comment