Thursday, April 9, 2020

Jayaruh #405

I am making this brush for Marius in New Jersey. He is supplying a two-band badger knot that I will harvest from its present handle. Yesterday, I cut and glued up the handle. Today, I drilled some center holes in each end, sawed a cross in one end and then set it in my lathe. I will turn the new handle tomorrow if the weather is agreeable.





In the lathe ready to turn.
Update: 10 Apr 2020

I turned the handle today. At this point it is still on the lathe unless I need to make some changes. Waiting on the knot to be delivered today.











Later the same day.
It is just too cold to work out, so I took the handle off the lathe. I removed the end piece. Here it is.




Later that day.

I drilled a one inch hole for the knot. This knot is a synthetic I have on hand. When I get the real knot I will open the hole for a custom fit.



Update: 11 Apr 2020

I have finished the handle with polycrylic and branded the bottom with a JR 405. The knot is still with the Post Office, arrival time unknown.





No comments:

Post a Comment