Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Jayaruh #388 Started

#388 will be a Celtic knot brush. So, today I began by making the first two cut/glue-ups.
Cut one.

Here are the knot pieces.

First gluing.

Getting ready for the second cut.

The second cut.

The second paste.
The piece will rest overnight before I do the last two cut/glue-ups.

Update: 4 Feb 2020
Today, I made the last two cut/glue-ups.

Third cut.

Ready to glue.

Third cut/glue-up complete.

Ready for the last cut.

Fourth cut complete.

Getting ready for fourth glue-up.

Fourth cut/glue-up complete.
Later that same day, I cut the edges off the blank (top pics) and prepared it for turning by drilling holes in each end and making a cross on one end for the head spur (bottom pics).


Update: 5 Mar 2020

The weather cooperated with me today, so I got out and did some turning and drilling to finish up (pretty much) the Celtic knot handle. I pulled out the saw horses and table top, the lathe, and the drill press. 

The blank ready for turning.

Fresh off the lathe.


Drilled hole for the cross insert.


Hole for the knot is started. 
I will custom fit it to the knot when it gets here.

Update: 9 Mar 2020

Here it is completed.





No comments:

Post a Comment