Monday, January 27, 2020

Enders Blade Carrier

I had piffed my original Enders carrier blade, so I am making a new one. Here is how it went.

I started with a genuine Enders blade and an injector blade. I used my Dremel to clean them up. The Enders had water stains on it. Here they are after cleaning.


Next, I lined up the two blades' edges.


I clamped them in a clamp to hold the edges even.


This is where I would fill the holes with epoxy.


I squirted out equal amounts of J.B. Weld epoxy onto a piece of paper.


Using a paper clip, I mixed the epoxy. This epoxy takes about 6 hours to set and 24 hours to cure.


Then I filled the holes in the injector blade. This is where I set it and forget it; at least for about 4 hours.


After about 4 hours, I returned an removed the injector blade. The epoxy is not fully set. Now, I will wait until the next day to finish it off.


Here it is after I have removed the excess epoxy down to level with the top of the injector.


This is the Enders blade before I removed the bevel.


This is after I removed the bevel.


Here the injector blade is on the Enders carrier blade. It is ready to go.


Here you can see that the bevel is gone leaving the injector extending beyond the edge.


Here the carrier and injector blade are in the Enders Speed Shaver.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment