Friday, June 28, 2019

Enders Speed Razor Blade Carrier: Success

I had what turned out to be a brilliant idea for a blade carrier for the Enders Speed Razor. With this carrier, I can use Personna or Schick injector blades in my Enders Speed Razor. Here is what I did:

1. I blunted the edge of an Enders blade first. Next, I lined up a Schick Proline blade on the Enders blade and taped it securely in place.


2. I mixed some JB Weld epoxy and filled the holes of the Schick blade.


3. I pulled the Schick blade off the Enders blade leaving the epoxy. I set this aside over night to cure.


4. Next day.  I had cleaned off the Schick the night before. Here they are ready for fitting.


5. I used my Dremel with a grinding wheel to trim off excess epoxy.


6. I seated the Schick blade on the epoxy pins and ground down the epoxy level with the top surface of the blade.


7. Here it is for the first fitting in the Enders razor. It looks great.


8. Next, I used the Dremel and ground down the edge of the Enders blade to about half of the existing bevel.


9. Here is the Personna blade fitted onto the Enders carrier blade.


10. This is the Personna ready for a shave. The JB Weld epoxy pins should last a long time and provide many great Enders shaves.


1 comment: